What’s in a name?
The famous question has the answer ‘everything’ when it comes to your online business. Our name is a very significant part of our identity. Similarly, in today’s increasingly digital world, a name is one of the most important assets of a business to define your business and to create identity and impression amongst visitors. A domain name proves to be a digital visiting card for your business. With a good domain name, you can win trust, which further boosts your sales and credibility. If you are in the process of creating a website, hosting a website and choosing a domain name are crucial for success.
Picking a domain name is a lot more than just selecting a suitable name for your business. After all, it is going to be your digital address. It spells benefits as
- Create a positive impression
- Develop credibility and trustworthiness
- Gives competitive edge
- Boost Search Engine Optimization
- Convey your brand identity
So, let’s have a look at important strategies for choosing a winning domain name-
- Simple, short, memorable and precise- finding a domain name that is simple, easy to memorize, pronounce and type is recommended. A long and complex name with 30 or 40 characters can be hard to memorize. Also, there can be chances of typos.
- Stay relevant- Pick a crisp yet unique domain name that speaks about your brand and business. With the right name, you can catch the right audience. Choose a name that gives sense to customers visiting your website about your brand and business. For example, india.food.Even before viewing your website, customers can gain insight into your company – a food-related company. Simply put, you can benefit from instant branding with a crisp and precise name.
- Appropriate domain extensions- When it comes to extensions, .com is a popular option. It is well-established and trustworthy as well. Moreover, it is easy to use. Numerous popular extensions like .net, .org, .co, .edu, .biz, etc., can also be a good option if your business category allows. Go for a well-known and decent alternative that will help create a professional impression and trustworthiness.
- Avoid hyphens, numbers, and doubled letters- never create a domain name with hyphens, numbers or double letters. It can be confusing for users. Also, there are chances of misspellings and typos.
- Incorporate keywords- while selecting a domain name, you can simply pick a domain name with the business name.However, including SEO keywords in your domain name can be a smart way to achieve SEO benefits. It can help bring more traffic to your website. Be careful while using keywords and never stuff or overuse too many keywords. Look for a keyword that represents your website to create a long-lasting impression.
- Register your domain name- the most crucial part is to choose the reliable domain registrar to purchase a domain- numerous providers offering services for hosting a website and domain registration are out there. You can also go for a domain and hosting plans.
To sum up, make a smart choice while selecting the right domain name. A strong domain name is vital for online business success. If you want to pick the perfect domain name, invest your time in research, follow the above tips and find the best domain name that suits your needs.