Your Website Performance Will Dip If You Don’t Solve These 5 Issues
So more than 50% of the online users want your website to load up in a flash.
Two seconds— that’s all you’ve in hand to send them to intergalactic glory.
They may give you an additional second to please if you’re lucky.
But the moment it goes beyond 3 seconds— good luck trying to get them back.
Here’s something worse to deal with for you:
- If your web performance is poor, it can deviate 78% of the potential customers
- 44% of these potential customers leave bad words of mouth for you with their families and friends
One bad experience… and years of effort can affect…
- Conversion rate
It is why you need to partner with web design companies that prioritize web performance over fancy website gimmicks.
Yes, over the gimmicks that usually die after the trend blows off in the first spurt.
But don’t worry!
We’re going to break down the probable reasons your website is underperforming even though you haven’t connected with the top web design companies yet.
So let’s check them? Great!
Poor Web Performance Reason #1: Slow and steady doesn’t always win the race. Your website is too slow!
The time is shrinking!
Yes, you heard it right.
With technology leaping forward, websites are getting blazing fast.
And so do your customer’s expectations.
They need instant gratification.
You never know what’s three seconds now may turn into 1 or 1.5 seconds tomorrow.
Can you make your website load this quick?
What causes the website to load slowly
- You don’t use a content delivery network (CDN)
- The images are far from being optimized
- The flashy, non-succinct content all-around your website
- Too many HTTP requests bother your website
- Using the plugins that are not meant for your website
- Database filled with plenty of items
- Unnecessary coding elements in your website
- You display too many ads at one go
- Too many cache data and improper caching techniques
How to speed your website
Speeding up your website is a part of SEO efforts.
Usually, web design companies also play as SEO companies to take care of your web performance needs.
Here’s how top SEO companies speed up your website:
- Compress all the files larger than 150 bytes
- Lower down the total redirects to your page
- Use browser caching
- Work on server response time
- Distribute a load of web content on the content delivery network
- Optimize your images and multimedia files
Poor Web Performance Reason #2: Google has changed the algorithm. But you haven’t optimized it for mobile yet!
Look! Google is not sorry for changing its algorithms and priorities.
It was all good to optimize for the desktop a few years ago.
But more than half of web traffic influx from smartphones and mobile devices now.
Are you keeping up with the changes?
Common examples of poor mobile optimization
- You use embeds on the top of the landing pages
- Pretty badly optimized images
- Poor mobile experience
- No vivid click-to-call functionality
- You’ve no site search functionality (causing high bounce rates)
- There are confusing and separate URLs for mobile devices
- Terrible viewport and annoying obstruction
How to optimize for mobile optimization
- Use Google-friendly tools for auditing mobile optimization
- Play around responsive themes
- Pick fast, reliable, and responsive web host companies
- Customize your pop-ups for mobile devices
- Use accelerated mobile pages for head start loading
Poor Web Performance Reason #3: Bad hosting is the second worst thing that can destroy your website. First is your ignorance!
The wrong web hosting service is a chink in your armor you’d want to avoid at any cost.
They leave your website and business vulnerable to cyber threats— which compromises your customer’s credentials.
Plus, if you’re handling a large website, shared web hosting can be a curse on performance and traffic.
Ways lousy web hosting can affect your business
- Your website will get slow (might turn dead with the growing traffic)
- Put holes in your pocket
- Your competitors will make their mark
- It’s a bad way to treat your visitors
- The terrible customer service will haunt you
- Your page rankings will fall
- It will affect your relationship and credibility among customers
- Limited bandwidth will limit your growth
- Your marketing efforts will go in vain
Things to take care of while choosing a web host company
- Opt for the dedicated server for your website
- Pick the plans that meet your needs
- If you’re going for the shared hosting plan, look for the trusted company
- Look for available storage they provide
- Go with the hosts that have high uptime
- Compare loading speed per hosting service
- Discover extra benefits and nail on them
- Pick the web hosting company based on traffic plans
Poor Web Performance Reason #4: Widgets and plugins add capabilities to your website. Too many of them amputate it.
Well, plugins and widgets put your website on steroids— putting aside the need for redundant coding work.
So you get your website ready in no time.
But many web developers have become creatures of habit to deploy as many plugins.
Have customized capabilities died? No!
But it’s an easy escape for ordinary web development companies.
Now you may ask how many plugins are good enough to use?
depends on the quality of the plugin.
- Multiple good plugins may add a minimal file load to your website
- A single bad plugin can burden over 10s of files on your website
Disadvantages of using bad plugins
- It can make your website vulnerable to cyber attacks
- Plugins from multiple designers may not behave well with each other
- Poor interaction between plugins can slow down the website
- You may notice lag post plugin installation
Things to ask while choosing website plugins
- Are you getting the needed feature, and how important is it for you?
- Is it compatible with the website?
- What is its speed and capacity?
- Does it have safety firewalls?
- How often do the developers update the plugin?
- Are ratings positive?
Poor Web Performance Reason #5: Huge blocks of codes are not equal to great websites. In fact, it’s the contrary!
You may think the large chunk of coding = a highly functional, dynamic website!
Not a bad idea to think about.
But it’s not always true.
You need minimal coding for maximum output.
It’s only a downward spiral for your business if your website has subpar coding blocks and plenty of glitches.
coding mistakes web developers make
- They cling to the old school HTML
- They say “it works on my browser” rather than checking on all of them
- Making codes that SHOULD work instead of codes THAT work
- Developers write forking code to adjust to all the environments
- They also create meaningless and avoidable pages
- Design gets compromised
Ways to fix developers issues
- Hire experienced web development companies to code for you
- Have experts remove unnecessary coding diarrhea
- Make use of all the necessary tools to optimize your code
What did you learn?
You learned… that website speed is the key to online success.
You learned… that mobile optimization is the present, not the future.
You learned… that the web hosting partner needs to be real quick.
You learned… that there’s no point in overusing plugins… they’re friends in the limit, enemies with unbridled use.
You learned… that coding simplification is necessary for your web performance.